Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Escaped Tegu Stories

Lol. Those Tegus are so strong. When our Leonidas got out when he was younger we found him behind the fridge lol. It took us for ever to find him.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Unhappy tegu story/help

Ok so my 2ft tegu Houdini excaped about a week ago for the 3 time and has taken refuge under my deck agin.Ive tryed all i can think but he has dug up so much dirt i cant get to his corner.Ive set out many traps&when food is not in a trap Ikeep some under a milk carten with a rock on top to keep him around.Ive seet it up agin in the outside porch he excaped from and im going to stay up all night to watch and see what eats it.Will it work?
    The first time he excaped he was gone for months hibanateing in a clouset.

I miss my tegu alot I would post a story but I figered here would be a good place to post please help I miss im tegu. Thank you!

I didn't know how to move this thread to this sticky :( . So I'm just going to copy and paste it.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.ph...icky-situation
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

2007; Rex, my argentine b&w was about 1.5yrs old at the time.... I had brought him to a local herp society meeting out at our local reptile rescue's house... I had him in one of those large rubbermaid totes... Well sometime during the meeting, he popped open the top and decided to go for a walk....right out the door to the outside!!! Now let me say this was at 9pm, in the beginning of December, in the middle of a very bad storm....it was roughly 25 degrees outside, pouring rain for days and LOTS of flooding! So I went into an udder panic not knowing where he was... This place was about 45mins from home, after about 20 people looking for him in the dark and the rain... we decided to call it a night and I came back the next morning... still no luck... there was a group of 5-10 of us out there every day for a week, looking for him in rain boots and panchos... On several of the days, the road to the house was closed because it was flooding so bad... luckily I had a beat up ford explorer and didnt care too much so I drove around the cones and went through anyway... water up to the middle of my doors!!! I was truly heart broken and thought I would never find him, and even had contemplated moving his cage out as looking at an empty cage just put me in tears...
    So come the 6th day, I was ready to call it quits but something told me to try one more day of looking... Thankfully I did!!! As I decided to take one more walk around the property... I passed a wood pile, and something just didnt seem right, there seemed to be a little dug out underneath, I passed it and then something told me to go back to the pile and look... I started taking the pile apart board by board all while trying to dodge the black widows... I got to the last board, pulled it up and shrieked! There was my Rex! All but the tip of nose submerged in muddy, freezing cold rain water! I instantly pulled him out, not knowing if he was dead or alive... he was ice cold and stiff. I swung him upside down and fluid and mucus flowed out of his nose and mouth... I ran him inside and luckily the guy that lived there and ran the reptile rescue, he knew what to do... I was kind of in a panic mode and wasn't thinking clearly. He kept him upside down for a few mins to continue to let the fluid drain out of him and then slowly warmed him up in water in the kitchen sink.... He was alive!!! Sneezing, blowing snot bubbles, coughing up mucus and fluid... but alive! I brought him home, and he sat under the heat for literally 2 days straight... I dont think I fed him for about a week more just to be sure... and even then I started with very small meals... I still dont know how he DIDNT get a respiratory infection!!!!
    Ever since then, he doesnt leave the house! Hes on permanent lock down. Even after so many years later, just thinking of it gives me chills and I cant imagine how I'd feel if I never found him..... and boy, am I glad it was I that found him... mommy to the rescue lol
    This was a photo of him being warmed up minutes after finding him...

I had a B&W/Red Hybrid that got into the wall. After days of camping out next to the hole he came out choking. I immediately took him to the vet but he passed away 2 minutes before we could reach them ;( RIP Steve
    “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” -André Gide

Argentine Red Tegu - Flux
    Bearded Dragon - George
    Leopard Gecko - Venus
    Corn Snake - Lucy

Flux's Official Thread

OMG. I'm so sorry for your loss. When did that happen ? May Steve R.I.P. Did you get Steve by any chance from Laura ( laurarfl ) ? If you want to you can share your story and some photos of Steve in the link below.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.php?9199-Tegu-Heaven

Our videos :