Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the people in Scranton PA area

Exclamation To the people in Scranton PA area

Ok this started on Craigs list..... A guy in Scranton PA had a listting on C-list as

Argentine Tegus said they were babies rehoming fee of $160 that they would grow 5th long and weigh 40lb+, BUT they were blurry pics of Colombian (100% bet my life on it Colombians)

So i email him:

Just wanted to let you know. If the Tegu in the pictures is the one for re-homing then it’s not an Argentine Black & White it’s a Columbian Black & White will get 2 1/2ft - 3 1/2ft and up to 15lb. also only worth 1/4 of the price of an Argen. About 40$+/-
    Just trying to let you know.

So he replied

u should mind your own ****ing business,i had lots of tegus for sale,u have no clue what your talking aboutthere is no way to tell from that pic,if you could see a close you would be able to see the split scale on the nose and the skin differences,i breed reptiles and sell 100's on here i dont need to rip anyone off,you should find something else to do with your time than write people on here to try to tell them **** you dont have a clue about,thats a real good way for something bad to happen,I tracked your info ,so dont write me again and mind your own ****ing business

SO we replied:

I have 3 black and white argentines and one Argentine red tegu, so I suggest you slow your role. I said nothing out of place, and was only hoping to educate you and perhaps allow you to profit more from having the correct information on your reptiles. If you breed as you suddenly say you do, then you would know the subtle differences between breeds. Perhaps a better set of photos on your ad will allow the buyer to better identify the lizard??

Those lizards will not reach 40 lbs and live to tell about it. 40 lbs is the weight of an adolescent pitbull. My daughter is 40 lbs. Those lizards will only reach about 10-15 lbs, and only reach about 2.5 to 3 ft in length, which makes them a better fit for those who don’t have much space for, say, an Argentine, which reaches up to 5 ft long. There are also differences in markings between Argens and Colombians. Argens have telltale spots along their bodies, whereas Colombians tend to be more sporadic in their markings; not uniform at all.

And the third thing; don’t EVER post thinly veiled threats against someone and their families because they are more educated than you about a specific subject. That is ignorant and stupid. I suggest you reconsider your previous words and perhaps do a little more research.

Thank you and have a wonderful day. If you would like to see what a REAL b&w looks like, let me know, and I will be happy to provide you with pictures as well as some funny stories.

SO he replied

first off, there was nothing thinly veiled about my threat,i dont care about you or your life,you have no clue what you are talking about,i warnedyou not to contact me,who are you to try to educate me,you dont know me,first off,i looked and that ad was old and i was selling columbians and argentines,i thought i erased it but i guess it was only partially erased and mixed with my other adds.if your so set on educating people,do it to someone who cares,last time,dont ****ing contact me,these days its not easy to hide behind a screen and think your safe....**** off ****!!!

We replied

right, perhaps you should consider professional attention, because that is now three times you have threatened me and my family. the authorities and craigslist have been notified that you are violent and falsely advertising animals.

btw, it is you who does not know me. as i said, please slow your role, i was only trying to be helpful. no need to be belligerent because someone is smarter than you.

you can expect no more emails from me, so rest easy. i know you were waiting with bated breath.

THEN he replies Twice

u sound like a ****** *****!!!

AND the 2nd one

send them to my pet store you ****,im only writing you because you keep writing me and i have nothing else to do at this moment,send everything to craigslist ,like they care,i sold ,yes SOLD over 5000$ in reptiles on craigslist this year alone,the only way that i will confirm that i know where you live is a way you really wont like,you think your so smart,you e-mailed me first confronting me on something you have no clue about,I told you several times to stop writing me,bring everything to the cops,you keep writing me,If you would like,Ill give you my cousins e-mail,hes sitting right next to me and he happens to be a state police detective and you could have him investigatge me,by the way I knew exactly what i was selling,its not my fault people dont research things they are buying or just buy on impulse,I bought 20 columbians at the show for 300$ and sold them ALL ans Arg. for 2000$ im not stupid,I just know alot of people are,just like you,im also not racist,but you really do sound like a ****** ****,you try to act so smart by using big words,well you told me to slow my role,like i said,thats so getto...have a good day and be safe

So he says he owns a store & makes a living on ripping people off
    i really wish something could be done about these people
    His name is
    Ed Braskey
    33 / Male
    Hazleton, Pennsylvania, US
    Email - metanoia32@yahoo.com
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

wow. i didn't think he'd admit to the ripping people off part! The racism at the end was pretty unexpected as well. Ugh it's pretty disturbing to think that a guy like that owns and breeds reptiles. Poor herps :(. Did you really contact the authorities/craiglist? Anything come of it?

Good job Pikey, I'm proud of you. That guy just commited suicide from the buisness standpoint...what and idiot. Oh well. You actually did the reptile universe a favor by weeding that guy out.
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Albino Burmese Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad
    1.0.0 Albino Western Hognose

Roaches (Dubia & Lateralis)

yes we did forward the emails....... The worst part was i was just trying to be helpful (I've seen many people selling Colom as Argens, but it's cuz they didn't know) it seems he knew and did it on purpose
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-

& More to come

Have you thought about sending a copy of the emails to the local business association? I mean, besides the fact that craigeslist should ban him for such language towards someone trying to be helpful, he DID admit to knowingly selling pets under false pretenses to make more money off of the trust others put in breeders.

i'm trying to find th name of his "pet store" so i can report him to the BBB
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-

& More to come

Just a heads up i posted this guy in BIO of faunaclassifieds.com after i found someone who was ripped off by my "friend" ED.
    & now Ed is on their attacking me/my wife.

So i had deleted all but the last email, so i posted a link from this page to the BIO.

I have the guys IP address (not hard to find with emails) so if he starts stuff over here i'll give IP to match so he can be "shown the door", but if he admits what he's done and is civil here i dont see why he cant stay and learn a few things from all of us here.
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-

& More to come

This crap happens all the time. The last thing on their mind is the well being of the animal. I just " corrected" a guy on a local classified trying to sell a young gold as a arg, I let him know of his mistake and he played dumb but has yet to change it so I reported him.

Yeah i really hate those people who do it willingly, i mean it's one thing if you were told it was so you sell it as.

But here is the link if anyone wants to read the lies & nonsense this guy is spitting.
    http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=189225
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-

& More to come

In my opinion you stayed pretty self controlled. I personally have 0% tolerance for threats against my family. I have four little brothers ages 5-9 and in a one parent house. I kinda feel like the defender of my home. So good job at keeping your cool with that piece of s***.
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Albino Burmese Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad
    1.0.0 Albino Western Hognose

Roaches (Dubia & Lateralis)