Thread: Here I am "normal"

Default Here I am "normal"

So I was at Lowes the other day picking up supplys to build Zilla a bigger cage and I had trouble finding some stuff so I asked this guy that worked there to help me. The stuff that I got was pretty random: screen, screws Drylock, etc.

So he said "what are you building" I tell him I am building a cage for a lizard. He said "a lizard belongs in two places: on a plate or in the jungle". I then told him a little more about Zilla: How big he is, What he eats. Then the guy asks a couple more questions so I just say; well this is no ordinary lizard this is a Tegu. He said "Tegu, what does that mean?" I said it is latin for "King of all lizards" He says "reaaly" I said yep. He also has a very developed mindset. He even subscribes to certain philosophies. The guy says "now I know your kidding me" I said no I'm serious. He said "okay what are some of these philosophies" I said well one he is really fond of seperating people into groups. The guy goes "what king of groups?" I said well he divides them into two categories : ones that want him on a plate and ones that want him in a cage. The ones that want him on a plate he strongly despises and the ones that look at him as a pet he likes.Then the guy realized I'd been fooling with him for the past ten min.

He just says "very funny" and walks away. I can't stand it when people think I am weird right off the bat just cuz I love reptiles.
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Albino Burmese Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad
    1.0.0 Albino Western Hognose

Roaches (Dubia & Lateralis)

Excellent read!!!! LOVE IT ...
    1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python

LOL. You crack me up. I LOVE this story ( well not the part he was being so rude to you ). I can learn from you. Wow. I would of gotten so heated up if he would tell me something like this. King of the Lizards ( that's great ). Thank you so much for sharing this story. It made my day .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Good for you. I have had my house for sale and most people are real cool when they see my reptiles but a couple have said stupid things like Ew or Yuck! I just tell them if they are bothered by my reptiles they are welcome to leave. LOL I don't have any patients for idiots.
    Toki Tegu
    Scorch Dragon
    Nadine Columbian Boa
    2 Herb freak Teenagers & 1 Beardie loving Hubby

that was a great li'l read

I like NY for the reason we have a higher rate of open minded people when it comes to reptiles
    I've noticed the farther south you go the more ignorant people become with reptiles
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)