Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tegu only wants egg

yeah he normally poops as soon as i put him in the feeder imma start bathing him first so he poops in the tub.

lol ok, all of mine eat then poop
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

the other thing that kind of worries me now is columbians are supposed to be more aggresive right? i was hopeing to turn my tegu into a cat pretty much and just let him roam around and be chill but if hes going to have attitude i cant do that. so far hes never tryed to bite at anyone. doesnt squarm if anyone holds him either i just gotta hope he stays that way

I'm very sorry that happened ! Pikey is right though, it does happen often unfortunately. Any chance of finding or getting in touch with that breeder ?

I was just persistent with mine and eventually she was hungry and started eating the other foods. With Colombians it takes patience and persistence ....sometimes. It really looks like your off to a very good start with yours.

Here is an old pic of one of mine with my daughter. She's calmer than some Args. Laurafl our moderator here can tell and show you some very good things about Colombians as well.

1.0.0 Argentine Tegu
    0.1. Colombian Tegus
    1.0.0 Genetic Stripe Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Albino/Lav Reticulated Python
    1.0.0 Normal Dwarf Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Platinum Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Dwarf Tiger Reticulated Python
    0.1.0 Normal Burmese Python

Awww. He is so tiny and so cute . I don't recommend feeding the egg to often because it is high in protein. To much protein isn't good for them. I also wouldn't feed the raw eggs. Hard boiled eggs or scrambled with no oils or butter is better for them. Try not to feed him the eggs for a while. Trust me, when he gets hungry enough he will eat what ever you put in front of him .

It is very nice to hear that he is so tame. I'm very positive that if you keep handling him often he will stay this tame. Even the tamest Argentine Tegus ( or any Tegus ) can bite sometimes. I have some very tame Tegus and if I wait to long with feeding them they can bite. Thank God this doesn't happen very often and I had them for years now. But it is my fault when they do.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

thanks for the advice, i orginally just came to the website too see if anyone else had this problem now that i see the community is so friendly and helpful i will probably stick around and browse the fourms

Your welcome . Please feel free to ask us as many questions as you want to. We all are here to help each other out. This forum is like a big family. We don't put someone down because they don't know something, did something wrong ( we all do at one point ) or ask to many questions. It's very nice to hear that you like this forum and that you will be around .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

thank you, Rampage is my tegu's name and hes back in the feeder box after he had a bath and a poop this morning. There is some ground turkey and some crickets in the box with him and im going to leave him in there for a little longer today hopefully he stops trying to escape and eats up

Your welcome. Is the feeding bin clear or a dark plastic. If it is clear I would try to get a dark colored one. Some Tegus when they are in a clear colored bin they get scared because it makes the bin look bigger. If it's a dark colored one they feel more save because they think no one can see them from all the sides. I also would try to put some paper towels in there so he will not slip when he walks around in there.

Our videos :

it is a dark grey colour not the semi clear one, i will try the paper towel later today. i've tryed twice without any paper towel and he just trys to crawl up the sides or sit and watchs me.