Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BEWARE there could be a SCAMER in our family here

I've seen him around the Internet for about a year at least. He buys and resells. He posted a wanted ad here with something like, "My mom is letting me get a tegu now." Clearly he already tegus and was posting them for sale on other sites. Very weird vibe. I replied to his post and asked, "I thought you were a dealer." He didn't reply and no one else said anything about it, so I let it slide. His user name pops on CL and all sorts of reptile classifieds.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

lol there are a few people i notice a few that buy and resell reptiles on here, tegu-talk, & fauna. I am not gonna call them out on it, because i've yet to see and bad reports about them. Altho i will keep an "eye" out & as soon as things get fishy i'll give heads up
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

Same here. I saw a few members on here, too, that bought Tegus and sold them again. I can understand that times have been hard for a while now and things come up. But I don't like it when the same members is doing it a few times. That is fishy. Tegus aren't toys. But unless someone tries to scam someone I really can't ban them or do much about it.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Same here. I saw a few members on here, too, that bought Tegus and sold them again. I can understand that times have been hard for a while now and things come up. But I don't like it when the same members is doing it a few times. That is fishy. Tegus aren't toys. But unless someone tries to scam someone I really can't ban them or do much about it. But thank you Pik
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

Thank you for identifying a dishonest dealer and banning him. I understand that some dealers will take advantage of a market where some people have to re-home their pets and others are shopping from places where they don't have local sources. But there is no need to do that in a way that misrepresents any aspect of the deal.

What I think is a real shame in this case is that it sounds like this person might actually be just a kid, not an adult, who still lives with his mother. He's made some bad choices, behaved unacceptably, was really stupid, and has seen the consequences. In some of his postings it looks like his real name is now attached to his scam. On the internet, that doesn't go away. When he applies for a job, or a rental apartment, or for admission to a school or training program, when he meets new people, that is part of a trail that follows him.

In our state, a juvenile who commits a crime is likely to have his record cleared when he's an adult and presumably has a chance to straighten out and act responsibly. Now the Web allows for natural social policing to take place, and it's an unforgiving world.

Even though treating pets like livestock and lying in an online sale aren't up there with armed robbery, it kind of exposes your character for all the world to see.

Your welcome. I don't want to be rude but I don't think it was ( is ) a kid. Just because this person did something stupid it doesn't mean it was a kid. I know some kids they act and do thinks more like grown ups do. Then I have seen some adults that do very stupid things and some of them never will grow up. He has been doing it for a while. I don't think if it's a kid the mother ( or parents ) would put their personal information ( like a account where the money is going to be tranferd from ) on the net. If my son would do something like that ( scaming people ) I would be to worried about getting sued one day. But this is just what I think.

Our videos :

if it is an adult he/she has lied to us and others, they have said in a few different posts on a few differnt sites about how his mom let him or his mom wont let him, & other remarks along those lines. And then he/she made comments about how he used to keep tegus years ago and wants to get back into them. I think nomatter adult or child they have no idea how things work on the internet, how just because you use one story on one site and another some place else with the same user names no one will ever put 2 + 2 together, and realize it doesn't equal 6 like they are saying it does. But i'm just very glad i haven't seen or heard of anyone falling for his/her games.
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-

& More to come

Oh, OK. I didn't know that he/she was talking about the mom. I'm sorry about my last post then. Thank you Chris for the info.

Our videos :

lol, No problem. But again they lied about the animals they owned and were trying to sell, So why not lie about being a kid. Who had their "mom" tell them they had to sell "their" pet.

Quote Originally Posted by txrepgirl View Post
    Same here. I saw a few members on here, too, that bought Tegus and sold them again. I can understand that times have been hard for a while now and things come up. But I don't like it when the same members is doing it a few times. That is fishy. Tegus aren't toys. But unless someone tries to scam someone I really can't ban them or do much about it.
    Yeah i dont really like people who do it all the time, i mean it's one thing to buy animals for people who are in over their heads, & then get them in top shape to sell them to some one who can do the care for them.
    Last edited by Pikey; 07-20-2010 at 01:35 AM.
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-

& More to come

HM, I don't have proof, but have a strong feeling that this is not a child/teen. I really do believe that the "mom" stories have been a ruse to garner sympathy. When I inquired about it, he ignored me. His various postings on-line sometimes reference "my mom is letting me get one", yet he always has a variety of monitors for sale and is always looking for more tegus. It's just that a lot of stories don't really match up. He really hasn't done anything illegal, he just seems unethical and dishonest. In his mind he may be justifying price changing by wanting to make a little more money. I think he is just a reseller who combs the net looking for animals to pick up and resell. But once your name comes out on that Fauna BOI, you're toast, lol! It really looks bad if you can't defend yourself. As it stands, he can't come here to defend himself against our comments because he has been banned. Perhaps he has something to reply on Fauna. Usually resellers just end up creating a new user name anyway, but the same old patterns of behavior will pop up.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets