So I guess in the midst of having a bad experience with someone, it is difficult to remember all the good experiences with companies and individual breeders.

So here are my good experiences with companies...

TnC Beardies: I got my first lizard almost 4 years ago from these folks; my bearded dragon. They didn't have a lot to choose from, but were very kind and spent a lot of individual time with each of the babies they raised. As a result, I have a beautiful (common) bearded dragon in excellent health and with an awesome temperment.

As far as tegus:
I got my first tegu, an argentine b/w (Fluffy) from a gentleman named Steve (I'm pretty sure) that ran a small breeding operation called Big Cage Reptiles out of Santa Rosa (?) California. I recieved a beautiful, very healthy, and quite large baby from him. He answered all my questions and was around for any questions I might have had into the first few months of keeping her. I can't find his website anymore, but if anyone should happen to run into him selling tegus, I can guarantee a wonderful animal.

My second tegu, Lee Zard, another argentine b/w; I purchased her from LLLReptile at a show last weekend in San Jose, CA. I got a beautiful tegu with a temperment that the employees were willing to take the time to describe and handle her for me. I've had both good and bad experiences with their animals. 2 years ago, I purchased a Burmese tortoise from the Sacramento Expo. She was grossly underweight and was being kept like a desert tortoise would be (burmese are forest tortoises requiring high humidity and lower heat). I nursed her back to health. Some good, some bad....

Next good experience was Robert&Trish from Florida on Kingsnake.com with a baby burmese tortoise. I got a healthy baby, wonderful help, and prompt e-mail responses. I would never hesitate to do business with these folks again.

As for my redfoots tortoises that I do have: I had other good experiences with Carolina Reptile Exchange. The tortoise was exactly as they described, prompt service and great attitudes.

And last, but certainly not least, Spectrum Reptiles based in Southern California. Same as above. Tortoise exactly as described, friendly and prompt service, knowledgable people.

So I know all these are not directly related to tegus. However, I do know that many of these places also sell tegus and other lizards. I do believe that if a company is as great with these other animals, that this standard will also spill over into purchasing of them.

Thanks for reading. I'm a type-a-holic :lol: