Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too breed or not to breed?

Thats probably it. Quick story. This morning when Princess was done eating, she decided NOT to roam around the garrage and play with me. Instead she wanted to go back into her enclosure and bask under the light. (She crawls in and out of her enclosure). As she is soaking up the rays, I started to scratch her on top of her head, her favorite by the way, She sort of half tilts her head, gives me this leave me alone look. She then calmly gets up, walks to her hide box, covers up the entrance with the substrate and does not come out. I thought excuse me. Before you ate you were all playfull and nice, now that you got your meal you don't know me! At this point in the story feel free to fill in your own cliche and innuendoes. My wife did and is still texting me, giving me a hard time.LOL It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky&lucy View Post
    She started moving her substrate shortly after coming out of hibernation.She pushes through the substrate every morning and moves toward her basking spot and in the evening goes back in to her hide and covers up the entrance. She actualy covers up the door everytime she goes in her hide box. She is a great eater. I am glad to hear she will not be laying eggs and we have decided not to get her a male. Do not want to risk any injuries and we like her attitude just the way she is. She has all her limbs and a great tail, so we do not want to mess that up. Thanks for your help.
    My Tegu Shredder does this same thing and has ever since we got her i thought it was pretty cute and i have pictures on my profile.

Nice pics! thats exactly what princess does. Maybe its a sign they are comfortable in their enclosure. Who knows either way it's entertaining. Now that i know it is not to lay eggs, I purposely move the substrate away so she can put it back. The girl is gettting big and needs the excersise.
    1 b/w Arg. tegu
    2 red Arg. tegu
    2 sulcata tortoises
    6 bearded dragons
    1 frilled dragon
    1 corn snake
    4 crested geckos
    1 african grey parrot
    2 cockatiels
    1 love bird

LOL. That's a cute story. Please don't ever feel like you are posting to much. We like long stories .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl