Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Savannah Monitor bites dudes tongue!

Default Savannah Monitor bites dudes tongue!

I'm pretty sure the lizard in the video is a sav, either way, what the heck is wrong with people?

http://www.veryangrytoad.com/2010/09...-dudes-tongue/

Ok, now I KNOW I'm turning into txrepgirl -- I did not think that was funny. That pissed me off. I'm ashamed I watched it. They hurt that lizard! It was only doing a lizard's job. What kind of friends are those, to let that guy do that? I hope they all woke up the next morning and realized they cannot handle their liquor and better stop now before they cause more serious problems for someone or some animal.

OMG that makes me so mad! Pry it with a knife!!!!! What the heck did they think would happen, they knew he was going to bite ( that was the point), it is such a shame cause it looks like a nice monitor that they can handle with ease. They had to piss him off just to get him to that point. And then to own a large lizard like that and not know how to handle it if it does bite. If he thinks your putting up a fight he will never let go! They want to be knobs like that I hope they try that again when he is bigger! Then they won't have to worry about trying to get him off as the lizzie will have his tongue for lunch!!! ( Obvious I am being sarcastic as I hope this never happens to this or any lizard again.) You know people try so hard to tame their lizzie down and then you got jerks like this that really don't care. Hope it bites them in the @ss!
    Vanessa
    Ontario, Canada
    1.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dezie)
    0.1.0 Argenitne Red Tegu (rehome)
    1.0.1 Fat-Tailed Gecko (Holly and Chugington)
    1.0.0 Brittish Bulldog (Bently)
    1.0.0 Cockerpug (Ryder) Perfect name as he "rides" everything!
    0.2.0 Children (Cadence 5, Jordan 2)
    Large Saltwater tank that contains Dory, Nemo, Marlin, Foxface, 4 Gobeys, firefish, a couple shrimps, and a grumpy Brittle Star that eats fish while they sleep!

ok, after reading your responses, I'm not watching. I just woke up, fed my cats, checked on the herps real quick, and sat down with with my coffee at the computer. This is the first thing I read today and I don't think I want to start my day off with a bunch of jerks, lol.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Well I'm a glutton for punishment, so I went ahead and watched it... at least half of it that is. I was too disgusted to watch the whole thing. Those imbeciles are, well... imbeciles.
    "Why do blessings always come in disguises? If I were a blessing, I'd run around naked."

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Spaz (aka "Monkey")
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon; Leonidas (aka "Jaba" aka "Fatty)
    0.0.1 Ball Pythons; Lil' Bit

0.1.0 Argentine B/W Tegu; Bozski - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Argentine A/A Tegu; Oscar - *rehome*
    1.0.0 Ball Python; Moose - *rehome*

0.1.0 Bearded Dragon; Knuckles (aka "Kitteh"), RIP
    0.0.1 Baby B/W Tegu; unnamed, RIP

I was kinda hoping to see the monitor Thrash. Very disappointed by no blood.

I don't think that monitor was an easy to hold pet either, if it had its mouth open and it was something they could accomplish to make bite like that, then it is one pissed off dude. I know becuase One of my Blackthroats is currently one super pissed off dude, my father came by to see it when I had gotten it, he was wearing a Saints hat, apparently the lizard doesn't like the Saints becuase he opened his mouth and got defensive. Later when trying to feed I had an incedent with it opening its mouth, the second I or the mouse I was trying to feed came close it closed the mouth. For that Monitor to actually bite down he was one nasty mofo, but probably a product of his owners and neglect.

I personally think they should have done a bit more research into the bite thing to get it off faster. They could have poured beer on the tongue or something damn hot to get it off, the squeezing of the head doesn't work, monitors don't have the collapsable/seperated skull like snakes.

I did find it mildly entertaining, but really wish there was some blood.
    Columbian Rainbow Boa
    Blue Tail Monitor
    Black Throat Monitor - Hatchling
    Black Throat Monitor- Juvinile

Monitor- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJUSO8JGKec

Personally I think if the monitor was nasty by nature then they wouldn't have had to smack him up side the head a few times to get him to open and bite. I hope those boys get what is coming to them. Hopefully after this they realize that he is capable of alot more then they maybe give him credit for, being that he is still young, and find him a loving home that will give him well deserved respect that he obviously doesn't get now!
    Vanessa
    Ontario, Canada
    1.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dezie)
    0.1.0 Argenitne Red Tegu (rehome)
    1.0.1 Fat-Tailed Gecko (Holly and Chugington)
    1.0.0 Brittish Bulldog (Bently)
    1.0.0 Cockerpug (Ryder) Perfect name as he "rides" everything!
    0.2.0 Children (Cadence 5, Jordan 2)
    Large Saltwater tank that contains Dory, Nemo, Marlin, Foxface, 4 Gobeys, firefish, a couple shrimps, and a grumpy Brittle Star that eats fish while they sleep!

Yeah i was NOT happy with that vid at all... i left a comment.
    People like that are why herp keepers are looked at in a bad way.
    1.2.0 Argen Black & White
    1.1.0 Red Tegu
    0.0.1 Blue Tegu
    1.0.0 All American Tegu
    0.1.0 Hypo Red Tail Boa
    1.0.0 Lazik Tiger BP
    1.0.0 Normal Paradox BP
    1.0.0 Cuban Tree Frog
    2.3.0 America Toads
    1.0.0 Masked Ferret
    1.1.0 Children
    Rats & Roaches (Dubia)

RIP-
    0.0.1 RedxB/W Tegu (Stevie Wonder)
    1.0.0 Croc Gecko (Waylan Jones I)

& More to come

Yea what makes me most upset is that he's perfectly calm and they have to knock him upside his head a few times to get him to open his mouth and get defensive.
    The head crushing and knife prying wasn't to pleasant to watch either though. -_-

Man, I viewed this early when I woke up and was half asleep, I must have missed the hitting of the Monitor, my bad.
    Columbian Rainbow Boa
    Blue Tail Monitor
    Black Throat Monitor - Hatchling
    Black Throat Monitor- Juvinile

Monitor- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJUSO8JGKec