Thread: Pics of Maui

Default Pics of Maui

Here are some pics of Maui. He is about 1 year old and 2ft 9to10". He likes to eat ground turkey, chicken liver, crickets, papaya, mice and sometimes grapes and fish. He hates strawberries, boiled eggs, and blueberries. I try to take him out of his cage for 20-30 minutes twice per day. Unfortunately I can't let him free roam anytime he wants. Thanks for helping me take care of him

I love the coloring of him. I prefer more black than white with the reds. I hope my tegu looks a lot like yours when he's grown.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokurai View Post
    I love the coloring of him. I prefer more black than white with the reds. I hope my tegu looks a lot like yours when he's grown.
    His tegu is actually a black and white but the white isn't as crisp as some captive bred tegus, he looks just like my guy which was either in import or farmed.

That is a beautiful tegu (bias maybe , like I said he is identical to mine!) Don't feel bad about not letting him roam more often. Alot of captive raised reptiles that are allowed to free roam tend to have shedding problems and UV issues. Atleast with him spending the bulk of his day in his enclosure with manipulated humidity and lighting you can be more confident that he is getting what he needs to survive and be healthy. Now that being said, any free time you can give him outdoor would be great for him!
    Vanessa
    Ontario, Canada
    1.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu (Dezie)
    0.1.0 Argenitne Red Tegu (rehome)
    1.0.1 Fat-Tailed Gecko (Holly and Chugington)
    1.0.0 Brittish Bulldog (Bently)
    1.0.0 Cockerpug (Ryder) Perfect name as he "rides" everything!
    0.2.0 Children (Cadence 5, Jordan 2)
    Large Saltwater tank that contains Dory, Nemo, Marlin, Foxface, 4 Gobeys, firefish, a couple shrimps, and a grumpy Brittle Star that eats fish while they sleep!

Very nice, thanks for sharing.
    1.0.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    0.0.2 African Pyxie Frog
    1.0.0 Blood Python
    1.0.0 Albino Burmese Python
    1.0.0 Blue Tongue Skink
    1.0.0 Basilisk
    0.0.1 Cane Toad
    1.0.0 Albino Western Hognose

Roaches (Dubia & Lateralis)