Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: in search for a second tegu

Quote Originally Posted by Herpgirl View Post
    I would not house them together. I don't know anything about uromastyx but I do know beardies do not like roommates they are very solitary animals. I do know that their basking temps are also not the same.
    basking temps and humidity levels are similar. uromastyx are very mello, and i've personaly seen them caged together with no issues (both males and full grown). some think its a bad idea because they are diff species, and dont live together in the wild (they dont live in the same areas of the world), but if i do notice them reacting in a bad manner, i can sepperate them with ease. im getting both at a realy young age, so i guess i will see what happens. cross my fingers and hope for the best .

i had a bearded dragon before my tegu...but he passed due to a seizure (worst thing i ever witnessed a lizard do!!). so im realy excited to get another
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/subiedude09

Instagram: subiedude09

B&W Argentine Tegu: Jazz

Citrus Hypo Bearded Dragon: Rango

Sandfire Bearded Dragon: Pyro

Quote Originally Posted by subiedude09 View Post
    basking temps and humidity levels are similar. uromastyx are very mello, and i've personaly seen them caged together with no issues (both males and full grown). some think its a bad idea because they are diff species, and dont live together in the wild (they dont live in the same areas of the world), but if i do notice them reacting in a bad manner, i can sepperate them with ease. im getting both at a realy young age, so i guess i will see what happens. cross my fingers and hope for the best .
    i had a bearded dragon before my tegu...but he passed due to a seizure (worst thing i ever witnessed a lizard do!!). so im realy excited to get another
    If you do your research and go on any reputable site they will tell you housing beardies together is a no no also housing two separate species is a terrible idea. I am not meaning to sound rude but if you want what is best for your reptiles they need separate enclosures. This is a good website present your idea and you will hear exactly what I am telling you http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/index.php
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.01 CBB northern blue tongue skink lucy
    0.0.1 blue spot timor monitor evie
    0.1 b&w & red hybrid loo loo
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by Herpgirl View Post
    If you do your research and go on any reputable site they will tell you housing beardies together is a no no also housing two separate species is a terrible idea. I am not meaning to sound rude but if you want what is best for your reptiles they need separate enclosures. This is a good website present your idea and you will hear exactly what I am telling you http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/index.php
    thank you for the information, and the link. ill take a look.
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/subiedude09

Instagram: subiedude09

B&W Argentine Tegu: Jazz

Citrus Hypo Bearded Dragon: Rango

Sandfire Bearded Dragon: Pyro

Awesome I have a sweet spot for beardies.
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.01 CBB northern blue tongue skink lucy
    0.0.1 blue spot timor monitor evie
    0.1 b&w & red hybrid loo loo
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo